Saturday 28 May 2016

LOVE THE WAY I LOOK

I have been at war with the mirror for as long as I can remember. The mirror tells me I'm not good enough.!! Tells me I should not wear those short dresses and advises me to wear dresses that cover those layers.! I have moments, moments when something doesn't fit right, moments when I hate touching my own skin, moments when I feel depressed looking at my own face. (Ugly) but I do not let them win. This is my body, my skin, my stretch marks, my scars and my curves. Some days I love them, some days I hate them and I think it's normal. But I'm reaching more and more for the moments of love. I may have lost many battles, I may have felt ugly last night. But I feel beautiful today and I intend to win the war this time  and It has become abundantly clear to me that self love is the only way to make it to the world that seeks to cut you, break you, bleed you, mould you. So just love yourself for the way you are. Tall, short, tan, pale, slim, fat whatever. And if there is something you dislike, you have the power to change it. But make sure it's for you and not for your mirror who says you're not good enough, for a guy who don't find you appealing or for your in laws who won't accept you for you look bad.
Change for yourself


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're awesomeness.